Yepper, I can't sleep.
There's way too much going on in my mind. It's like a motor that has a never-ending supply of gas. *urgh*
First of all.. I have a saddening news. It is off. The wedding is off. The engagement is off. Please, please, please do not be asking. I do not want to explain it. It is a long story. And out of respect for him, I am not going to detail anything, except that there is no wedding. Between him and I, for that matter. The reason for this information is more and more people are learning of this fact day to day. I decided to share so everyone who reads this blog will know for once. No explanation, ok?
Anyways.. I cannot sleep. There is so much going on. And I truly am looking forward to this semester even so more! Weird, after such an emotional drain before coming back to Gallaudet this semester, I thought I would not be able to face anything or anyone here. But praise the Lord! The Lord has given me the strength I need and joy and peace.
Pray for a revival to come to Gallaudet! It is long over-due and it will be the best one EVER! Pray that people see that Christian are just people like they are, that Christian does not mean perfection, that we all make mistakes. Pray that the Lord will touch every heart here at Gallaudet.
Like Paul said, (Romans 1:16)
"I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, for it is the power of God to bring everyone to salvation." (ASL Paraphrase)
For a couple more of translations:
New Living Translation: (Romans 1:16-17)
"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.“"
New King James Version: (Romans 1:16-17)
"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ,for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “The just shall live by faith.”"
What exactly do we have to be ashamed of? If we were ashamed of Jesus, then what good is our faith? What is the point of calling ourselves Christian if we were ashamed of Jesus?
If we are not ashamed, then why do we not share the gospel of Jesus Christ?
That is up to you to decide.
You have been given freely, the salvation, the gift of Jesus Christ. Do you keep it for yourself? Joy only comes when you give freely as well. Freely give the love, the grace, the joy and the peace Jesus have given to you.
Jesus loves you, and wants you to choose Him because only with Him, you will have the full peace and full joy. Only with Him, you are able to experience life fully. Jesus fills the emptyness of your heart.
At Alpha tonight, I remembered what I felt before I asked Jesus to forgive me and take me as His child.
I remember feeling empty, even though I enjoyed my friends, doing what they were doing. I never felt satisfied, always wanting more. But my friends had nothing more to offer.
Only then when I found Jesus, I experienced this overwhelming peace, joy and fullness of life. I did not feel alone anymore, I did not feel empty, and I certainly did not feel uncertain.
There is nothing in the whole world I could do to make myself satisfied. It is only a free gift from Son of God (Yahweh) that could fully meet all my needs.
Whoever reads this blog, I pray that you take this in thoughtfully and I encourage you to examine your own life. Are you still looking for something to fill in that emptyness in your heart? Are you trying different things to get rid of that emptyness? What is it exactly that is missing in your life? Just think about that.
I pray that you find it.
Mucho Amore!
Dios Bendiga!!!!!! <3
_\m/
K