So, I'm 23 now. Weird...
I do indeed feel 23. For many years when people ask me if I felt any different when I got a year older, I would say "nah". But this time, I do indeed feel different.
It actually has been a while, not just overnight. For the past month, I did feel different, I felt older, and somewhat more mature. It is weird.
My life really have changed a lot since I came to Gallaudet, and I can say there's a lot for me to do. My life is not all about me like it has been for many years, now I can say my life is all about God and others. With a fraction about me ;)
I have grown to appreciate my family more, and know what amazes me the most? Of everyone that I'm missing back at home, I miss Daddy the most. I miss being his little girl, getting all these tickle fights and getting his undivided attention. I miss being his little princess. I know I'm still his little girl, but I have responsibilities now and I have worries and concerns that I know Daddy can't always come to fix for me. I have come to respect him a lot more than I've ever realized and I look forward to getting home for Christmas break so I can be with Daddy again. I didn't realize it, but looking back a lot on my life growing up, my Daddy had the most impact in my life, his thoughts, action and words is still having a huge influence in my life, both hurtful and encouraging. I forgive him for all the hurtful things he said to me, and I cherish his encouraging words very much. I do wish at times that I would go back being little so he can take care of me for the rest of my life, but.. in time I'll be the one taking care of him and I know it will be my greatest joy to do so.
Daddy, thank you for being my Daddy, I'll always love you!
Your little girl,
K