So, I went to Gallaudet's open house and I'm sooo very glad that I went. It certainly was eye-opening and a rich experience.
Gallaudet's open house was very informative, and they could only do so much in so little time, I don't blame them, they had a quite large group. I learned more about my goal in my major and met up with the directors of this specific major.
Keep in mind, prior to this, I prayed that I will see what God wants, whether if I go to Gallaudet or not, as long it's all according to His will. After I got home, I certainly could see what God wants to do with me. The whole weekend, I prayed and prayed, I still wasn't sure if the Lord wanted me to go there. My heart certainly changed from "Gallaudet is forbidden," to "Ok, I'm considering Gallaudet." That sure was a dramatic change in perspective for me, espeically now that I saw Gallaudet with my own two eyes.
When I got home, I prayed and prayed more. I DO NOT want to go against God's will. Honestly, yes, I get a little scared from time to time because Gallaudet is a LONG way from where I grew up. But... Where else is better for my major? So...
A couple days after I got home, I realized where God wants to me to be and I can see in general what God wants to do with me and use me at Gallaudet. How can anyone say "No" to the Lord when He knows the very best and completely according to His will??? So I decided that I will apply to Gallaudet. I just know with my good grades this year, and VR's help, I will be able to go to Gallaudet. I'm going in the Fall of 2009! I certainly am Gallaudet bound!
This is a new addition to my newest chapter of my life!!! I'm excited and honestly don't know what to expect!!! This is thrilling! Hah.
And of course! During that weekend I went to Gallaudet, I got to see 'him!' I truly enjoyed my time with him, I got to know him so much better, how he interacts with others and how he interacts with me, despite my ditziness and blond-ness, LOL! He truly is a gentleman and he truly is a man after God's heart. I'm so blessed to have this friendship with him, I enjoy his company so much, I enjoyed just being with him and I enjoy our conversations, we're able to chat about ANYTHING, from A to ZZZZ! God is amazing! Heh! After I left, I missed him so terribly, it's amazing how one can miss someone else so much after such a short time together. I get to see him again so soon!! He's coming to "meet the town" during the Christmas break, I'm so excited! To see him again and for everyone to meet him and see how amazing he is! Hehehe! (I know you're reading this! My advice to you is this, "Don't be scared!! No one will bite you!!!" =] ) SMILE
Well... so, yeah.. That's the latest. For the time being, I will keep doing my very best at community college, getting the best grades I can get. Throughout all this, I will keep my eyes on the Good Lord! He's the one I depend on for gudiance and everything. He is my life, first and foremost! Only the Lord can satisfy me in everything, emotionally and spiritually, He's the one who meets all of my needs. He is indescribable. Beautiful.
_\m/
K