How many people do you know met their "the one" over the Internet, through dating service or forums?
I admit I know a lot of people who did.
So, what's wrong with it?? Even Christians do it.
For some reason it really bothers me that especially Christians do that. Christians? They should be depending on God to meet their every need, trusting that God will bring it to them, (although they should be doing their part in prayers and seeking God first) and yet, they go through the Internet Dating services, labelled Christian or not.
I never went fully through the Internet Dating services, though I did sign up for free trials, etc. I never felt comfortable doing it all the way because I don't know the person I'm talking to. Is he really who he says he claims to be? And there's always that risk of actually meeting them in person after chatting so much on the Internet. One get to know all they know by what they say. They don't get to know them in person from the very beginning, getting all the wrong concept of how the person actually is, how they react to situations and whatever else.
After more discomfort I had, I stopped. But then there was this forum I frequented. I met a guy.... (oh boy... this is an embarrassing story..) and we were all lovey dovey, but I didn't KNOW him. Just what he said. I went to tell someone about it, that I was so in love and want to go and meet him. Only the problem was that he was over on the other side of the world, literally.
My dearest older sister in Christ said something that made me realize... "God is great. He created the WHOLE universe.. Don't you think He's great enough to bring you and your husband together IN PERSON, without using the Internet?" This stopped me in my tracks, and I realized, that's true! God had Isaac meet his wife, He used Abraham's servant to go and get Isaac's wife and brought her to him. God brought them together. Mind you, there was no such thing as "Internet" back then... How do you think people met the one God had intended for them? God brought them together!
That's why it really bothers me when people say "Oh, God used the Internet to bring us together!" I say, "baloney!" God will bring you your "the one" in person, without even using the Internet!
I can say this for myself, I know I have not/will not meet my "the one" over the Internet! God is great, GREAT enough to bring me my husband in person.
He created the whole universe... Earth is a small, little dot in the whole universe, and isn't He great enough to bring 2 people together that He intends to be together?
DEPEND on God, Trust in Him, KNOW that He is GREAT, that He is THE Creator!
Stand in awe of Him, His glory!
<33 K