16 September, 2008

Returning to School

I had a meeting with my counselor at SFCC, and it's all set for the Fall quarter!! I'm sooo excited to be starting school again after THREE years! Praise the Lord!

Now I have to research which university to go to and what credit/course is accepted. I'm researching Gallaudet University and Western Oregon University.
They both have their Pros and Cons. I really want to transfer for Sophmore year, but if necessary, I'm willing to wait until Junior year. No worries, God's plan is perfect, how can I complain? I just need to be patient throughout the whole process. :d

My counselor is researching Gallaudet and see what course I'm needing to take here, and what is equivalent to their courses. The whole process is making me quite stressed because I want to prioritize my time at SFCC so not one class I take is a waste of time. I don't want to lose any credit and have all the extra unnecessary credits for my major.

I realized that I have the gift of language, I just absolutely love languages and how they are used. I'm majoring in ASL Linguistics, but I will want to study other languages. I'm currently thinking about minoring in Spanish, and God knows what other languages I'd want to pick up on later on in the near future. I don't know why but I just love love love languages, I want to learn all there is to learn about language. Well.. God is the One who created language and scattered it and look at how many languages there are out there now! Imagine this, one language, every one spoke it, then it became so many languages....... If you know your Bible, you will know when God made many languages. I'll give you an hint if you don't know where to find it... ~Genesis 11:1-9~

There have been studies about where all the language came from, and sciencists traced them all back to the Tower of Babel time, and found similarities in many different language all way across the world. What similarites, I'm not sure, but it's amazing how we all could've been speaking the one and same language all over the world, but.. because of men's pride, wanting to be equal or better than God, God scattered them across the world.

I realize that too that I love knowledge, I love learning new things and I continually seek to gain more knowledge. But! Knowledge is nothing if I don't have Jesus in my heart. And knowledge IN heart is better than knowledge in brain. Knowledge of God's Word and doing it is the best, better than knowing God's Word but don't apply to self.

Verse for the day: Proverbs 16:20
"He who heeds the word wisely will find good, and whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he."

Blessings,
K :d